BLUEBERRY BANNA PANCAKES

image



On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me…65 Calorie Blueberry Banana Pancakes.
It’s confirmed. I am having blueberry banana pancakes for Christmas morning breakfast! I have been dying to try out the “banana egg” recipe that has been floating around the internet for so long. I felt like I was the only one left who hadn’t tried it yet.
All of the years spent eating flour and sugary pancakes could have been replaced with protein and potassium. My mind is blown, these turned out so well. The texture of the original pancake is actually present. I imagined it to taste like a banana flavored omelet. Boy, was I wrong!

image

Ingredients:



  • Blueberries
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 1 Large Banana
I also added sugar free syrup.
image
-Peel and slice banana
-Mash banana and add egg.
-Mix until fully combined. 
image
-Heat a skillet on medium.
-Spray with cooking spray.
-Fill a 1/4 sized measuring cup with the pancake batter.
-Pour measuring cup onto heated skillet. Add blueberries (5-7) 
-Cook each side until lightly brown. 
image
I will never make pancakes the same. I can’t wait to experiment with these by adding: flax, dark chocolate chips, pumpkin, PB2 or mixed nuts! Talk about the perfect post-workout breakfast…
image
- I added a little sugar free syrup. 
image
Instead of indulging my my moms cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning, I am going for the healthier option. I can’t promise that I won’t have one of my mom’s cinnamon rolls.
I want to head back to Georgia and impress my trainer with how dedicated I am to his training. Even if that means saying “no” to some things on Christmas. Believe me, I’m not depriving myself. I am treating myself to healthy food and less sugary food. Eating tons of cinnamon rolls isn’t going to make my muscles any bigger or define my arms. That is why these pancakes will give me the nutrients I need for a stronger body and help me stay healthy during my holiday work outs. 
image
Recipe Makes Three Pancakes 
Nutrition Per Pancake: 65 Calories, 1.5 g Fat, 208 mg Potassium, 11 g Carbs, 1.5 g Fiber, 5.7 g Sugar, 2.8 g Protein

0 commentaires:

Popular Recipes

Blogger Template by HEALTHY RECIPES